Importance of Extra-Curricular Activities
The main motto of extracurricular activities is personality development. These are the activities which promotes students to take up their study in a healthy manner. All-round development as well as intellectual development is not the domain of curriculum, these characteristics can be judiciously fulfilled by co-curricular activities. Extracurricular activities include bands, sports, student newspaper, literary, acting & drama, music, cultural activities.
There are following importance of extracurricular activities:
- The classroom teaching-learning environment get strengthens by extracurricular activities.
- No doubt, classroom teaching is utmost important, yet for aesthetic development, character enrichment, spiritual and physical growth, extracurricular activities are equally relevant.
- The features and traits like extempore expression, speech fluency, co-ordination & communication, adjustments, etc, get empowered with co-curricular activities.
- Extracurricular activities enable the students to express themselves freely. Inculcate the values of co-operation.
- It is a means of developing skills and competence. Different extracurricular activities have their own significance i.e. Debate helps to generate ideas and giving reasons and counter-reasons.
- Sometimes, learning-teaching become monotonous; this can be changed into pleasant atmosphere by participating in extra-curricular activities.
- Co-curricular activities helps to prepare you for your future challenge.
- Extracurricular activities enable to groom the students for future leadership.
Extracurricular Activity Benefits and Advantages
- Students get inter-mingle with different peer groups during these activities which satisfy the needs of socialization, self-assessment and self-identification.
- Extra-curricular activities requires sacrifice and control which ultimately helps in grooming your balanced personality.
- Field trips, travelling, and tour helps to know about other places, people, customs and cultures.
- These activities provide the opportunities to adjust themselves with other people.
- It helps in the proper channelization of physical health.
Extra-curricular activities provide motivation for learning.
Schedule for Cultural Fest
To view the details of the Cultural Fests of last five years
Medical Camps, NSS, Workshops & other related activities
For more details....
Cultural Activities, Sports & other related activities
For more details....