Importance of Extra-Curricular Activities
The main motto of extracurricular activities is personality development. These are the activities which promotes students to take up their study in a healthy manner. All-round development as well as intellectual development is not the domain of curriculum, these characteristics can be judiciously fulfilled by co-curricular activities. Extracurricular activities include bands, sports, student newspaper, literary, acting & drama, music, cultural activities.
There are following importance of extracurricular activities:
- The classroom teaching-learning environment get strengthens by extracurricular activities.
- No doubt, classroom teaching is utmost important, yet for aesthetic development, character enrichment, spiritual and physical growth, extracurricular activities are equally relevant.
- The features and traits like extempore expression, speech fluency, co-ordination & communication, adjustments, etc, get empowered with co-curricular activities.
- Extracurricular activities enable the students to express themselves freely. Inculcate the values of co-operation.
- It is a means of developing skills and competence. Different extracurricular activities have their own significance i.e. Debate helps to generate ideas and giving reasons and counter-reasons.
- Sometimes, learning-teaching become monotonous; this can be changed into pleasant atmosphere by participating in extra-curricular activities.
- Co-curricular activities helps to prepare you for your future challenge.
- Extracurricular activities enable to groom the students for future leadership.
Extracurricular Activity Benefits and Advantages
- Students get inter-mingle with different peer groups during these activities which satisfy the needs of socialization, self-assessment and self-identification.
- Extra-curricular activities requires sacrifice and control which ultimately helps in grooming your balanced personality.
- Field trips, travelling, and tour helps to know about other places, people, customs and cultures.
- These activities provide the opportunities to adjust themselves with other people.
- It helps in the proper channelization of physical health.
Extra-curricular activities provide motivation for learning.
To view the details of the various Academic activities
To view the details of the Other Activities held in the college
Schedule for Cultural Fest
To view the details of the Cultural Fests of last five years
Medical Camps, NSS, Workshops & other related activities
For more details....
Cultural Activities, Sports & other related activities
For more details....